Zoning Permits

Zoning permits are required in order to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, or improve any building, structure, or signs—if said activities require a building permit under the Uniform Statewide Building Code. For new dwellings, water and sewer connection fees must be paid before a zoning permit is issued. Zoning permits must be obtained from the Town of Dayton before a Building Permit is issued by Rockingham County.

Zoning Permit Fees

Effective July 1, 2019

  • $25.00 minimum or $2.00 per 100 square feet for new construction or remodel. Cost will be the greater amount.
  • $20.00 flat fee for signs and/or accessory buildings.

Rezoning Request- $350, plus $50 per acre of subject property.

Special Use Permit Request- $350, plus $50 per acre of subject property.

Variance Request/Appeal- $350, plus $50 per acre of subject property.

Accumulation of Grass and Weeds

For questions or concerns regarding the accumulation of grass/weeds, call Christa Hall at 540-879-2241, or by email at chall@daytonva.us.

Zoning Permit Documents