Recycling Collection (Acceptable Materials)
The following materials are acceptable for recycling (all other items are to be placed in with household trash):
- Plastic containers – all recycling codes accepted (discard lids & rinse). No plastic bags, plastic wrap or Styrofoam accepted.
- Aluminum beverage cans & pie pans.
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, green & brown) – non-shattering glass only (no windows, mirrors, picture frame glass, etc.)
- Tin cans
- Paper, newspaper, phone books (no hardback books) – no need to separate (if bagging, must use paper bags-no plastic, with the only exception of shredded paper, which must be contained in a clear trash bag and placed inside the bin or disposed of in with your regular trash).
- Cardboard and paperboard (flatten) – must be no larger than the size of the bin when flattened and placed in the bin – no waxed cardboard accepted.
NOTE: If you have more items than your recycling bin will contain, please do not put the items in a plastic bag. You may request an additional recycling bin at no extra charge by calling the Dayton Town office at 540-879-2241.