The Town of Dayton provides three parks for the community.
- Dove Park (formerly College Street Pavilion): 360 College Street
- Cooks Creek Park: 230 Bowman Road
- Sunset Park: 145 Sunset Drive
Shelter Reservations and Information
- Shelters may be reserved at any of the Town parks for a fee of $10.00 (no fee for non-profit organizations). Reservations may be made by calling the Dayton Municipal Building at 540-879-2241.
- Parks are open during daylight hours only.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed on park property, unless during Town sponsored events.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Doggie Waste Stations are available at Sunset and Cooks Creek parks for convenient pickup and disposal of pet waste.
- No loud music or noise—please be respectful of neighboring residents.
- Park restrooms are closed from fall until spring while the water is turned off to prevent frozen pipes.
For information on sports and other recreational activities for all ages provided by the county, see Rockingham County Recreation Department .